IT/OT Support Tech
Green IT Energy Applications™ provides software solutions and SCADA IT/OT services to the renewable energy industry. We currently seek an IT/OT Support Tech to join our team of subject matter experts that support a nationwide fleet of renewable energy generation facilities.
The IT/OT Support Tech is expected to perform scheduled responsibilities as well as respond to emergent conditions across the fleet.
Candidates must possess a strong understanding of concepts and best practices related to IT/OT industrial systems. All applicants must have previous professional IT/OT Tech Support experience and knowledge in the following fields:
- Cyber Security
- Application Support
- Renewable Energy
The IT/OT Support Tech will report to the Senior SCADA Engineer and the Manager of Application Support. This position is based out of Green IT’s Northern Liberties Philadelphia office.
This is an opportunity to be part of a world-class team operating at the nexus of two of the most exciting developments in renewable energy today: SCADA IT/OT and mission-critical Software.
- Perform Admin and Custodial role activities for complex industrial computing environments on Systems (Windows Servers & Workstations), Networks (Palo-Alto, Cisco, Checkpoint), Substation Hardware (SEL), Power (UPS, PDU), Comm (ISP Circuits), and Storage (SQL).
- Interact with portfolio of remote networks and systems and perform various functions such as installations, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Maintain consistent operation of multi-user systems, including coordination with network, SCADA, and system engineers, field technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Routine management of backup and recovery services; file systems and disk space; and virus protection.
- Create and maintain user accounts.
- Modify permissions and security access lists.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Interact, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with internal and external parties.
- Evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to CyberSec and InfoSec guidelines in all cases.
- Troubleshoot reactive system issues, escalate as necessary, and coordinate with Tier 2 Engineering Support to resolve.
- Effective written and oral communication at all levels of the organization, including engineers, c-level, end-users, and external customers.
- Ensure that required tasks are completed and direct others as necessary.
- Analyze known and ad-hoc requirements to determine optimal schedule, workflow, and process to complete.
- Report project status for all recurring and non-recurring efforts as required.
- Attend staff and client meetings as required.
- Availability for 24-hour on-call duty to meet customer requirements (rare occurrence).
Read electrical one-line, network conceptual, and block drawings.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Ethical, responsible, and reliable
- Desire to learn and share newly acquired knowledge with colleagues
- Remain cool under pressure
- Navigate business and technical challenges with ease
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Exceptional organizational skills required
- Strong team collaborator
- Independently make decisions and solve problems
- Accurately remember and clearly communicate detailed technical information
Compensation and Benefits
- Technical Degree or minimum 3 years of relevant IT/OT professional experience.
- Direct or indirect end-user service experience and/or experience providing remote support.
- Previous work experience in at least two of the following focus: Systems, Network, Cyber Security, Software Development, and Renewable Energy.
- Salary is competitive and based on prior skills and experience
- Health & Dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays
- Simple IRA with 3% company contribution
If you are passionate about IT/OT, Software, and the Clean Energy Revolution, then apply today!